The Fieldhouse (formerly known as the Vintage Gymnasium, c. 1925), originally a separate building, was connected to the Crest Theatre’s backstage area during restoration. Seemingly frozen in time, the heavy wood beams still bear the markings of students who dared to climb up to scrawl their names in chalk.
While the Fieldhouse is no longer used for sporting events, the original backboards remain in place. The loft, which held bleacher seating for the “away” teams, now provides space for seating or displays. The facility includes an adjacent food preparation/load-in area and the former locker rooms were converted to beautifully appointed restrooms. For more than 25 years, the Fieldhouse has been a popular venue for parties, wedding receptions, dances, craft/trade shows, community events, town gatherings and other creative uses.