FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who owns Old School Square?
Old School Square is a 501(c)(3) registered not-for-profit cultural arts organization, located in the heart of charming downtown Delray Beach. A historical landmark that has served the community for over 30 years, Old School Square’s mission is to enrich the lives of all people as the community’s cultural center and destination for the arts. Old School Square provides a total arts experience through visual and performing arts, education, and entertainment.
What is Old School Square’s mission as a non-profit organization?
The mission of Old School Square Center for the Arts, Inc., as a nonprofit organization, is to serve as a gathering place for the South Florida community, enhancing quality of life by providing diverse and memorable arts and entertainment experiences, and by preserving a unique historic Delray Beach landmark.
Following COVID-19, what precautions is Old School Square taking to ensure my health and safety?
Old School Square has made significant adjustments across our full campus. The modifications include and are not limited to:
- All staff are encouraged to stay home if they are feeling ill
- All Facilities have been deep cleaned
- Old School Square has contracted with Cintas to routinely disinfectant spray our facilities. Cintas utilizes Signet Neutral Disinfectant DS1 which meets the EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV- 2, the cause of COVID-19, as well as all germs, bacteria, viruses, and inhibits the growth of mold and mildew on common surfaces and touchpoints.
- All cleaning crews both in-house and contracted are required to wear disposable gloves while cleaning and masks.
- All staff are required to wear face coverings in our facilities
- Encouraging routine employee handwashing
- Installed (soon to be touchless) Hand sanitizing stations throughout our facilities located at all entrances and points of sale
- All facilities have automatically dispensed antibacterial hand soap in restroom facilities
- All facilities have automatically dispensed hand sanitizer in all restroom facilities
- All facilities have automatically dispensed hand towels in all restroom facilities
- All Facilities are cash-free touchless credit card processing, if Old School Square employees handle a patron’s credit card, they will do so with gloves and disinfect cards pre/post each transaction.
- We are regularly disinfecting signature pads, and card readers.
- All facilities have recently had their entire air conditioning systems serviced and all filters have been replaced.
- No parties larger than 10 people
- Installed Plexiglass shield/sneeze guard between Old School Square staff and patrons at the front desk
- Increased schedule of cleaning
- Old School Square has contracted with Cintas to routinely disinfect common surfaces and touch-points, entry and exit doors, etc.
- All transactions will be handled cash-free. They will include touchless credit card processing; and in instances when an Old School Square employee handles a patron’s credit card, they will do so with gloves and disinfect cards pre/post each transaction.
- Signature pads and card readers will regularly be disinfected
- Reconfigured entry and exit procedures for the Cornell
- Installed floor markings for safe distancing
- Installed social distancing controls for queuing of Cornell galleries
BOX OFFICE AND TICKETING QUESTIONS
Can I get a refund on my tickets if I can’t come?
The official policy of Old School Square is there are no refunds on tickets. Ticket exchanges are acceptable, based upon availability.
Are there additional service charges or handling fees in addition to the price of my tickets?
A $5 per ticket historic preservation fee is applied to all orders. These funds are used for the maintenance and preservation of our historic campus.
If I don’t like the show, can I get a refund?
Unlike watching a pre-packaged event on television or the internet, attending a live performance entails a small amount of risk. The show may meet or even exceed your expectations, but it is also possible that it may not be what you are expecting. Investing in the purchase of a ticket to a show means accepting that risk.
How can I financially support Old School Square?
You can donate by making a tax deductible contribution.
My event didn’t take place, due to the implications of COVID-19. What’s next?
At this time, we are in the process of postponing and rescheduling each of the events that have been impacted by our “COVID-19 closure.” This includes all performances, classes and festivals across Old School Square’s campus. Please stay tuned, as we finalize details and make announcements through social media and email.
Don’t miss a beat with what’s to come! Follow Old School Square on Facebook:
CREATIVE ARTS SCHOOL QUESTIONS
How do your Online Courses work?
If you are on a device that is using Zoom for the first time, you will need to download the Zoom App first as described above. Give yourself at least 15 minutes before the class meeting to download the software.
Once you have downloaded, search in your apps for ZOOM Cloud Meetings and make sure the App icon looks like a white video camera on a blue background.
If you have any issues with your camera, please click here for support.
How do I access my online course?
To access Zoom on your device, click on the class link in the confirmation email, at the appropriate class time.
Make sure your Zoom Name is easily recognizable for us and matches the name/email on your registration, otherwise we will not know that you are officially registered for the class. That name window will pop up the first time you use Zoom.
I’ve downloaded the App, now what do I do?
Click on the link you received Via Email to join the class.
For the first few minutes of class, students will be “un-muted” so that they can converse with the teacher. Then all students will be muted as a group so that there won’t be any distractions from background noise in your home or wherever you are connecting from (like dogs etc).
If you need to ask a question during your class, you will be able to un-mute your self.
Once the class starts, you will see the teacher on the screen in a large box and then several smaller boxes containing the other students.
During your ONLINE CLASS
You will be on camera, so that the teacher can sense & respond to your needs during the session. If for some reason you do not want to be on camera, please let your teacher know & you can turn off the video on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen, however please note this will mean the teacher is not able to speak to you personally.
We suggest preparing for class at least 10 minutes before the class begins to troubleshoot any issues that might arise.
Using a Class/Workshop Credit
- All credits must be handled internally with Creative Arts School staff prior to registration. If you have a class credit, please email the Creative Arts School that you have a credit that you want to apply to an upcoming class. Please specify what term, class, day, time and instructor in your email correspondence. firstname.lastname@example.org.