Currently accepting resumes for the following position:
The Marketing and Communications Manager of Old School Square will oversee and facilitate the entire marketing operation of the organization from the museum, theaters, art school, and entertainment spaces. The individual will manage all media campaigns including the rebranding of Old School Square as a non-profit organization including all press releases, printed materials, advertising (including print, radio and digital including website, CRM strategy, social media campaigns and vendor relationships). This person will be responsible for successfully executing and optimizing results weekly to enhance ticket sales, events, school enrollment, build awareness, community, and drive the business. Old School Square is seeking a person who loves the arts and arts education.
Position / Role Description
The Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for leading and implementing the content strategy and developing relationships, messaging, and customer communications. This leader will be incredibly strong in communicating our story; a digital expert; and a great content creator. This person must be a writer, strategist and digital producer who thrives on creating content that captures and communicates the Old School Square story to a variety of audiences within markets that are at different stages in their development cycle. This person will be a great analyst who can continually optimize strategy based on data and results.
Required Core Competencies
- Team-oriented, collaborative, and culturally aligned (Work Hard and Have Fun!)
- Sales driven and profit smart
- Expert leadership skills that can grow, develop and motivate a team in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to changing business conditions
- Exercises good judgment and decision making
- Internally motivated and trustworthy
- Problem solver, analytical, detailed and process-oriented
- Self-starter, organized and able to manage multiple priorities (project management)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish goals and convert plans into action
- Data-driven and results-oriented
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
Communications Planning and Content Development
- Establish ideal customer targets and develop appropriate messaging and content to reach those targets and achieve desired results across all channels and mediums.
- Outlines external content needs and partners with to develop and distribute content across multiple channels including print, radio, web, social, CRM, digital campaigns, etc.
- Establishes and maintain a consistent brand image throughout all external communications, print, radio, social media, website content creation, and events.
- Responsible for all media relationships.
- Identify opportunities to integrate the brand into programming, media partnerships, sponsorships as well as the community.
Public and Media Relations
- Develop and foster relations with traditional and non-traditional outlets, including producers, bloggers, and influencers to consistently grow brand awareness, trial, and loyalty.
- Develop and execute PR strategies and plans to amplify news and events.
- Responsible for the proactive management of the brand’s reputation.
- Lead the social media in the planning and distribution of content to support the brand across platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube. Create necessarycontent to keep Old School Square locally relevant while building community engagement and followers at a rapid pace.
- Identify trends and innovation opportunities while also growing awareness and brand loyalty.
Position / Role Requirements
- Demonstrated broad and well-developed functional marketing skills in a dynamic and highly promotional space.
- Proven strategic thinker and innovative communications leader with an ability to lead the development of programs that are distinctive, relevant, creative, measurable, and are aligned to the strategic direction of the business.
- Proven ability to develop and edit high-quality written materials, including briefing documents, press and educational materials for various media formats for print, radio, and online.
- Ability to establish meaningful metrics and scorecards for gauging program effectiveness, and overseeing the development and management of budgets and reporting.
- A strong team orientation is critical, based on the collaborative culture of the office.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in storytelling with and consumer communications.
- Experience developing and managing a brand website.
- Ability to create big ideas by leveraging media and community partnerships in the entertainment sector.
- Solid understanding of influencer marketing and how to build integrated marketing programs.
- Has a keen grasp of the arts and arts education culture and influencers in it.
Qualifications, Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree Required – Marketing and Communications degree preferred.
- 7+ years of Marketing experience required.
- Multiple venue/product line experience required.
- Established network of public and media relations in South Florida a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000.00 to $58,000.00 /year
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and list of references to Holland at HRyan@oldschool.org.