Currently accepting resumes for the following position:
Position Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Position Type: Part-Time (Non-Exempt)
Reports To: Finance Director
Date: December 16, 2020
The Account Payable Specialist is responsible for performing accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions and credit card purchases.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and verify approval before payment
- Obtain authorization to pay invoices from department heads as necessary
- Process check requests
- Resolve payment discrepancies and ensure proper documentation
- Process payment to vendors, verify Federal ID numbers, 1099 ID numbers, and update vendor information in the accounting system
- Check expense codes and budget lines item attribution to ensure accurate input
- Identify vendors to be paid and mark invoices for payment processing
- Enter and upload invoices into system
- Provide invoice list to Finance Director for review
- Match invoices to checks written and mark all invoices with check number and date paid
- File check stub and invoices in appropriate A/P files
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Produce monthly reports and assist with month-end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Other duties as assigned/needed
Requirements: The Accounts Payable Specialist will have the following minimum qualifications:
- 2+ years Accounts Payable experience
- Full knowledge of applicable accounts payable, general ledger systems.
- Knowledge of chart of account and corporate procedures.
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; attention to detail and good mathematic skills.
- Experience with QuickBooks( Enterprise) MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong data input skills
- Ability to work well with others and foster an environment of teamwork.
Job Type: Part-time
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.